A lot of retailers provide discounts to educators and most include homeschoolers in that description. By requiring that we show an ID they can standardize the discount process for their employees so it applies the same to public school teachers, private school teachers, or homeschool parents. In fact many stores will ask you to show an ID and then provide you with a special teacher discount card that you scan to give discounts automatically. Scroll to the bottom of the page for links to retailers and their educator discount details.
To complete the purchase of your Educator ID click the button below. Be prepared to upload a selfie for your ID after you have completed the purchase.
Stores Providing Educator Discounts
- Gifts.com – 15% off with code TEACHER15
- Buon Cibo of Hernando – 15% off your meal
- Coffee Central of Hernando and Southaven – 15% off your entire purchase
- Tilco Educational Shower Curtains – Use code HSM15 for 15% off your order
- Paradigm Accelerated Curriculum – Paradigm Accelerated Curriculum offers a 40% DISCOUNT with a minimum purchase of $1,000 for group purchases where there is one purchaser and one shipping address. Call 325-649-0976 for discount code. Other available discounts include 40% for single parents and 20% for military, law enforcement, first responders, ministry, farmers and ranchers.
- Homeschool Buyers Co-op (referral link)- Negotiates deals with vendors based on quantity purchases
- CollegePrepGenius – Use code EZCLASS – $10.00 off Class Registration, EZSHIP for free shipping on orders $50.00 or more, and
EZOFF to get “15 Secrets to Free College” eBook for a penny ($9.95 value)
- StartWrite – use code SW513 for $5.00 off
- Adobe software at up to 75% off for students, teachers, and schools
- Microsoft software at up to 75% off for students, teachers, and schools
- Tutor.com – Use promo code “homeschoolmom” to get 50 free minutes of online tutoring. You will also receive 10% off any purchases made within 3 months of signing up. Additionally, all eligible U.S. military families have unlimited access to Tutor.com provided by the Department of Defense. Military service members and their dependents around the world can work with a certified, professional tutor online 24/7 to get help with homework, studying, test prep, resume writing and more.
- GreatScopes.com – Homeschoolers are invited to use the customer code HS10 at checkout, and the discount will immediately be taken off your microscope order of $149 or more.
- MicroscopeCentral.com – Coupon Code HSGIFT will receive a free slide set gift
- Apple Computers – The full line of educational products are available to homeschoolers who meet their state’s requirements for legally homeschooling.
- Office Depot Rewards – not specific to teachers, but offers 10% back in rewards on certain purchases
- Barnes and Noble bookstore – Educator’s Discount Card available in stores only
- Books-A-Million – 20% for classroom purchases when you fill out a teacher discount card
- JoAnn Crafts – 15% in-store discount; apply in store and get a 20% discount on your entire purchase on Teacher Appreciation Day
- The Container Store – 15% off for educators on supplies to organize the classroom
- Henne’s Drafting & Art Supply – up to 25% discount extended to educators including homeschoolers
- Microscope.com offers a free shipping discount on student-level compound and stereo microscopes. Use coupon code “HSFreeShipping” and mention this website for FREE shipping.
- Micheal’s – 15% off most items, just show your educator ID card.
- Books-A-Million – Teachers, librarians, and homeschoolers receive a 20% discount on most book purchases. They also gain access to exclusive online offers and promotions. To request a Books-A-Million Educator Discount card, fill out this information form.
Many museums offer a special membership to educators, so it is always worth it to ask. In addition there are clothing stores that offer educator discounts as well. Stores like Under Armor, Banana Republic, The Loft, J Crew, and Hanes.com offer these discounts if you just ask them for the educator discount at the register. Having your educator ID card is all they require to complete the discount.
It is always a good idea to do a little research on the company’s website before you shop. In addition, a screen shot of their company’s policy that extends the discount to homeschoolers is much more likely to warrant a positive cashier response than any argument you might make about statistics or how much you spend at their store. Sometimes a cashier or sales person may not be aware of the policy or think it only applies to school system employees.
Ask for the educator discount first and wait for them to request your ID. Present your ID and wait for their response. Most will process the discount immediately. If they balk at it being a homeschool ID, you can then present the screen shot of their company policy. If the store does not extend the educator discount to homeschoolers, it’s okay. They don’t have to. Be nice.
There are many more educator discounts available at local stores than we could ever list here. It’s best practice to just ask! You never know, you could walk away with a little more left in your pocketbook.